Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Something's up...

It was only 6:30am this morning and I was hearing pitter patter of feet overhead. Something's up.

The boy's normally aren't out of their bedrooms until 7:00am each morning, per strict orders. Something's up.

About 7:05am I finally got up out of bed to find out. I tip-toed upstairs and saw the schoolroom light on. Something's up.

What do my sweet eye's see???? What do my sweet ears hear???

Ethan and Ashton were at the table completing ALL the work I had set out the night before for school today. I overheard Ethan acting like the "teacher", asking his brother to write his name neatly on the top line, giving him encouragement "That looks great Ashton, good job" the entire time.

I entered the room to find smiling boys, so ever pleased with themselves that they did "night school" all on their own.

Their handwriting sheet with today's bible verse was completely done.

Their phonics pages were completely done.

Their math drills practice sheet was done.

I sat down and helped both boys complete their individual math lesson for the day. All of this accomplished prior to 8:00am!

The only thing we have left to do is their individual reading lesson's, storytime, and bible.

We've got big plans for the day (which I will fill you in on Friday!!!) so I think the boy's were excited about finishing early and getting started!

4 comments:

really.truly said...

Oooh, I would love to wake up to that! Have a great day.

The Wagner Family said...

Nice!!!! What a way to start the day!

Anonymous said...

Miracles are happening at your house. I can't wait to hear your plans for the day...it must be something really great. Mom

Missys4 said...

Wow - that is fantastic!! The boys obviously love school and that my dear - you get to take complete credit for!!