Thursday, January 8, 2009

Okay...Momentary Freak Out Moment Over!

Thank you to all the post comments and emails of encouragement I got pertaining to the post below!

I think I have come off my ledge and am feeling a bit better! :)

I went online to review some of the Abeka Kindergarden math workbooks and to my delight, I do believe that Ashton is actually on track, or even ahead of the game! HA...who knew!? I went ahead and ordered him the workbook. Ethan did Abeka and LOVED the colorful worksheets...I think Ashton is going to love them too. One thing that I've been pleased with is Ethan's ability to do Saxon 1 with such ease which has boosted his self confidence this year. I want the same for Ashton. So I really think by stopping the Saxon with him for now (although I really do think we'll return to it next year) and instead start the Abeka math at the Kindergarden level, he'll breeze thru them and gain the self confidence that his brother has!

I feel so much better about this plan.

Ashton got the short end of the stick a bit with my preplanning for this year b/c I wasn't planning on doing anything officially with him persay. I thought he would learn thru osmosis of sorts by listening to what Ethan was doing and picking up things here and there. However when we actually started school and he was thriving and doing really well I ran with it. Unfortunately I needed to have a better outline of where exactly I was running to with him. The good news is we nipped this in the bud. He's NOT behind, I just have to make sure I'm not trying to keep him up to his brother's pace. It's kindergarden after all! :)

I'm sure this won't be the last freakout post of the year. I used to be all freaked out over Ethan, which I now feel so much better over. At least I'm spreading the freakouts equally between the children! LOL

1 comment:

really.truly said...

Awesome! I'm having a freak out of my own over here;)One day I think it's all going great. The next, I'm thinking I'm doing a terrible job. Maybe it's more like hour by hour. Oy!