Monday, January 19, 2009

Laugh All Night Comedy Concert!!!


Last night our church hosted their 5th annual Laugh All Night Comedy Concert. It is a free comedy event featuring several well known Christian comedians. They do take a love offering which helps support the comedians as well as their charity New Missions, that serves the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere...Haiti.
*
We went and had the BEST time. The comedians were hillarious! Ethan sat in my lap, to see over the very large man sitting in front of us, and I spent most of my time containing the laughing wiggle worm.
*
One of the comedians was a ventriloquist. He had two different "wooden Americans" as he liked to call them (LOL). One was an older woman who would talk about her ailments. At one point she is talking about making the mistake of taking her Prozac along with a laxitive... Ethan starts to howl in laughter over this..."Laxitive?! Oh My Laxitive?! How funny...laxitive!?" At which point I said "Ethan...do you even know what a laxitive is???"
*
Dead silence
*
"No."
*
I think the row in front of us and the row behind us about busted a gut over hearing this conversation! It was quite funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I missed this. I wonder how Ashton like it? Mom

Anonymous said...

Geez!!! ha...love the music on your site!