I'd like to say that I did something monumental this week regarding purposeful kindness, but unfortunately I didn't. However, I DID sign up to be a volunteer for the Queen's Banquet held at our church in February.
The banquet is on Saturday, February 21st from 10-3pm. It is a special day to bless and minister to women in our community who are hurting and in need. Many of these women are "women of the night", or homeless, or struggling REALLY badly. There are many areas in which volunteers can help. There is childcare, a boutique with free clothes and accessories that will be given out, hand massages, counseling and collecting goods and services that are given to them (like toiletry items and free haircuts!)
If you are interested in volunteering for this special event you can click here and fill out the registration form!
2 comments:
I worked at the Queens banquet that took place Jan.2007 and I can tell you with great certainty that it will touch your heart in a way that no other outreach can, with the exception of missions, perhaps. You will absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! You're in for a very pleasant surprise. It will exceed your expectations and will leave you hungry for more of the same. We'll talk after it's over. I'm sure you'll be looking for follow-up opportunites because these women will steal your heart!!
Hey Tiffanie,
I signed up to help also!! I am looking forward to it!! I can not wait:) Talk to you soon!!
Post a Comment