This week we are studying the Lords Prayer...well, at least part of it...bit by bit. We've got to take bite sized pieces or else the boys will be overwhelmed by the length of it.
*
*
Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
*
So as we were dissecting the verse and talking about each line somehow we got on a rabbit trail of what heaven will be like, especially after we come back to the new earth. Ashton wanted to know if we would wear the clothes we currently do. I simply told him that we probably wouldn't. Just as Adam and Eve were naked before the fall, we too wouldn't be concerned over earthly trappings. He couldn't quite get past this.
*
"So is Memom naked?!!!!"
*
This was a pivotal question in his mind. The thought of his grandma not in her comfy clothes and uncovered was devastating. So I begin to "try" and explain that in our minds it won't matter, that we won't even be aware if we are or aren't clothed, it just wouldn't even be on our radar.
*
"But Mom, is Memom NAKED???"
*
I don't think he gets it.
*
Although I can't quite blame him. There are many mysteries of God that I don't quite get yet either. It's hard for us to wrap our brain around it all. Our earthly brains can never grasp the depth of our Creator. However, I rest assuredly in the fact that I don't HAVE to understand it all, I simply have to trust in Him. He will take care of the rest.
2 comments:
but is she? haha! That's great!
Isn't it amazing the things they worry about. Life is never boring with kids.
Post a Comment