Thursday, January 8, 2009

District 7 Director position available

As I was devoring the FPEA Quarterly newsletter I was reading up on the comings and goings in my District. The Director, Jeff Morgan, is stepping down from the position as his final child is graduating this year from Homeschooling. The position will now be open and they are accepting applications for the next term.

I actually wrote to him inquiring about it!

Am I crazy???

Sometimes I even surprise myself with my "go-get-it" itis.

Appearantly the only requirements are that you homeschool and live in Orange County. Check.

Then I asked what the position entails.

It is a 4 year term. You are required to attend 4 board meetings per year, quite a bit of time receiving phone calls, emails, homeschool orientations, etc.

After hearing all of that...I don't think this is the right season for me to tackle that much of a load while schooling young children. Perhaps when my kids are more self sufficient in their schooling...I can definitely see me doing it then!

No comments: