Ethan has had speech throughout the years off and on. For the past 6 months we have had a speech therapist come to our house - twice a week at first and now only once a week as of late. I have noticed lately a BIG difference in Ethan's speech. I find myself saying less and less "what Ethan? I can't understand you..." This used to be a common occurrence. He would talk and I would have no clue what he was saying, especially if he talked fast (Yes, he gets THAT from me!)
I was planning on bringing Ethan's improvement up to his therapist today, but she beat me to the punch...we pay her for 6 sessions at a time and next week is the last of the six but she told me that she really felt like her job, FOR NOW, was done. He had met all the goals she had set for him and really felt confident in his improvement.
We both agreed that we would constantly re-evaluate and re-access if he again needs to receive services. As he starts on new milestones (ie. public speaking, etc..) he may need a bit of coaching to help connect the dots. But I am so pleased with his progress, and incredibly proud of him!
2 comments:
Oh, that's wonderful T!! Sam was in ST for awhile, you can still hear a little difference in the way he speaks...but, as you said, we notice improvement too. It's a great feeling when you can hear the change!!! :)
That is terrific news!
Post a Comment