Well...change of plans.
I just got the call from First Baptist and it looks like they are not planning on having a woman's mission trip to Mali in February...only a men's group will be going. The next time a womans group is possibly planning on going would be in October!!!
She asked me if I would be interested in going on the Amazon trip. This happens to be the ONLY trip I believe that I did not purposefully check off with any interest when I initially submitted my missions interest. They are teaching VBS, along with construction, and performing various forms of dental work. Being that I've taught VBS for the past 5 years I was a bit burnt out with the idea of teaching it again and really wanted to do something different. I was told that just because I was a woman doesn't mean that I must do VBS work, I can always be on the construction team or pull teeth! EEK! I've been saying I want to get out of my comfort zone! LOL
I'm not sure where I stand at the moment. In my mind I had Africa on the brain and now I've got to switch gears. Obviously I'm doing this to serve others, whether it's in Africa, Amazon or Timbuktu, but now I've got to start praying about this further as to where the Lord wants to lead me.
2 comments:
At least you found this out pretty quickly! Wondering and waiting can be so hard....but it can be so exciting too. I'm excited to see what He has planned for you.
I love the new picture of your boys!!! Adorable!
be patient....
Post a Comment