Monday, September 1, 2008

Class visitor

Even though today was a "holiday"...we still decided to do school. Really, I just enjoy it, but mainly because Preston was home and we wanted him to see what we are doing here each day after he leaves! :) He got to participate in our pillow tossing bible verse game, read old Testament scripture on Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Esau, sang some songs, watch handwriting practice, listen to phonics work, math lesson using a pendulum and various weights, read some stories about the sly Reddy fox and his Granny, and smelled some interesting items for our science lesson on our nose and how it works!! I think he was impressed with it all and was highly praising me for my efforts (I'm pretty sure he was going stir crazy after about the first 45 minutes and thinking to himself no way in his right brain could he do this everyday! LOL) But he stuck it out with us, and the boys surely enjoyed having him there.

2 comments:

Stef Layton said...

here's to all the moms that schooled on labor day!! ;p

So glad the principal got to watch - still waiting for ours to join.

Anonymous said...

Cute! I'm glad their dad got to see everything in action! And what a dedicated teacher they have.