Friday, August 29, 2008

Kid funnies

Yesterday we went to Petco to get our animals some much needed food! While we were strolling down the aisle I hear

Ethan say "Let's get Sissy (our dog) a doggy door!"

In which I reply, "No we don't need one of those!"

Ethan then asks "What exactly is a doggy door for then?"

In which Ashton quite frankly replies: "You know, for Sissy to do her bizness!"

The way he said it, and the fact that he called it her "bizness" about had me rolling with tears on the floor. A lady not too far from us heard and was cracking up herself. I couldn't stop laughing, which made the kids laugh too. We were a hoot in that store!


Today was the boys' first day at the homeschool association we belong to "Circle Christian School". They are attending the foundations class every Friday. First, let me say, it was a very strange feeling I had this morning as I was getting myself ready. I was very thankful that this was a once a week event b/c I have grown mighty customed to not having to rush ANYWHERE anymore now that we are schooling at home...what a blessing...and secondly, I have gotten really used to having the boys with ME and really enjoying our time together. The thought of them gone all day from me, with me not reading to them, teaching a lesson, doing any crafts together, etc...just felt oddly strange. It's not that I'm attached to my childrens' hip but I guess we've just been the terrific trio now since school let out last spring, and this being the first day "apart" just felt different!

Anyways, after I picked the kids up in the car I wanted to know all about it...Ashton of course, my talker, just jabbered away all about the day. Ethan did chime in, he let me know that he made a new friend, Liv, and was pleased about that friendship.

Foundations is studying Creation thru the Ancient Egyptian times. Appearantly the teacher put up a timeline for the children, as a class, to fill in for the first week of Creation. We have actually been studying each day of creation at home for the past three weeks, so the boys were quite knowledgeable in each particular day and what God actually did on each day. According to Ashton, most of the kids in the class didn't know much, and he answered most of the questions. He said the teachers were impressed with his answers and he thought it necessary to tell his teacher "I'm homeschooled"...(HA...like she didn't know this or like that was to explain why he knew the answers to her questions!) What a riot he is! I can only imagine the teachers reaction...I'd be on the floor laughing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Ashton is a stitch...you never know what he'll say next and I love it. Grandma

Rachél said...

Isn't it cool how proud the kids are of being homeschooled! I love that my son is happy to tell everyone that, "My mom is my teacher."

Ditto on not having to rush around. I don't know how people do that five days a week.