Ethan prayed the salvation prayer!!!
Not exactly in the manner in which I dreamed it would happen, but hey...what my plans are don't mean a thing in the big picture of what this means, right?! :)
A little history first...Ethan, for sometime now, has been talking about his own salvation, and talking in terms like he believes in Jesus and he follows Jesus, etc... I have been so hesitant to have a full on conversation about it just because I really wanted him to fully understand what it meant to follow Jesus. In his little mind, I really think he felt like he was just as much a "Christian" as his Daddy and I are.
This past Friday Ethan and Ashton spent the night at my mom's house. When I called her in the morning to see how they were she told me that she had purchased the "Bible Man" videos and the boys were entranced by them. Apparently at the end of the show they prayer a salvation message. My mom said that Ethan stood up and repeated everything that he heard. I didn't say anything to him when I picked him up...I wanted to see if he really understood what he did and figured he would bring it up to me if so. Not 1 minute into the car ride did Ethan start to share with me what happened.
He said.."Mommy...did you hear about the prayer at the end of bibleman that I said?"
In which I said "No...tell me about it!"
Ethan: "Well, I prayed Jesus to come live in my heart!"
Me: "REALLY Ethan...that's great. Tell me more about the prayer...what exactly did you say?"
Ethan: "Well...it was really long."
Me: "Well, try to tell me at least something that you remember" Here is where I thought he would blow me off like he has done in the past when we start to get "deep" and he usually would say, oh never mind...but his answer was RIGHT on this time...he really understood!!!
Ethan: "Jesus paid the price for our sins by dying on the cross. I have decided to live my life for Him!"
Soooooo cool! What every parent, hopefully, wishes for. I thought, how appropriate that our bible verse this week was:
"Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them, for such is the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 19:14
The Kingdom of heaven awaits Ethan one day. His name is now in the Lambs Book of Life!
Halleluia!
5 comments:
How awesome is that!!!
That is SO great!!
What a wonderful feeling to have him put into words what he felt and ultimately believed!!
isn't that wonderful - so great!
Isn't it funny and cool to think that that guy from 8 is enough helped lead your guy to Christ????
God is so big, why do we ever limit him!
:)stacey
That is so wonderful to hear... You and Preston are the greatest mom and dad.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment