Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our Beach Vacation

We're BACK!!!!

What a GREAT week we had! It was the most perfect week...we had perfect weather, EVERYONE got along great (and that says alot for 3 seperate families in one unit), great food (yes, diet does start on Monday LOL) and lots of fun in the sun and waves!!!

This was the first year that the boys were exposed to the art of boogie boarding...and boy did they enjoy it! Man, they would spend the entire day in the ocean catching one wave after another. Ashton really got the hang of it the quickest and could really work his body just the right way on that board in order to catch every wave. At one point though, this is the conversation he had with my brother while they were out in the ocean waiting on the right wave:

Ashton: "Uncle Heath?"

Heath: "Yes, Ashton"

Ashton: "There's a wave out there with MY name on it!"

Heath: "That's right bud."

Ashton: "And it just went by!"

OMG...out of the mouth of babes...where does he get this stuff sometimes?


Then Ethan and I were on the elevator with another woman and he starts talking with her randomly. All of a sudden he says "Did you know there is a song called coo coo the Jew?" I about died. I said, "No, Ethan, it's a Beatles song and it goes coo coo ca choo!" Oi Vei...sometimes! :)

We had several set of friends come over to join us for the day and that was lots of fun! We pretty much went out to the beach by 9:30am and ended up coming back in around 6:00pm. We are all brown little berries now! For some reason though...my kids bottoms look a heck of a lot cuter white than mine does! LOL

Be sure to check back b/c I'll post some pictures of our trip, but I wanted to get something up on the blog about the trip since I've returned.

Back in a bit...

2 comments:

Jill said...

LOL! I love the wave comment, Tiff! I bet Ashton will hear about it over and over again as he grows. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you all last Sunday! Glad you enjoyed the rest of the week!