Wednesday, September 10, 2008

All for the Glory of God...

I often complained (to myself mostly) that while I have been a Christian for most of my life, I often lacked true knowledge of scripture, or even the very basics in Bible history or story. I would remember your simple stories (ie. Noah and the Ark, The Last Supper, The 7 days of creation, etc..) but I really didn't have a true understanding of biblical timeline or law like I have always wanted to.

I tell ya, homeschooling is NOT just for my kids. I have learned SOOO much myself. These are such simple lessons that I am teaching each day, yet everyday I am gaining a deeper and deeper perspective on God's plan back then, and how it really applies to my life today.

I've always heard, and believed, about how God, while is NOT a God of destruction or pain (that is of the devil), He will always use these bad things to work toward His glory. I've always believed this, yet yesterday I really had an AHA moment. It was like cemented in for me, the Glory of our God and how he has a hand in EVERYTHING thru-out history.

Here is Moses, delivered RIGHT INTO THE HANDS OF THE ENEMY, the pharaoh wanting to kill all infant boys, delivered right into his house, the very place that would make Mariam (Moses' mom) shudder with fear. Yet, how GREAT our God is, that He used Moses one day to do such incredible work. He used this situation of extremeness to work everything out to His glory. As a mom, I think about the complete and utter fear I would have if my child was delivered into the hands of someone that wanted nothing more than his death. Yet, if you look at what happened and how God used this opportunity to protect Moses, to shape him and get him ready to one day lead his people out of Egypt into the promised land. How awesome is that???

It sure makes the problems we face today seem small. God WILL work them out. He sees the path we are taking LONG before it was ever thought of.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in ALL ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct your path! Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good example of why Faith is so important, too. While we know God knows our trials and difficulties, He also knows WHY we have to go through them. But we don't always know why. But with faith, we can be assured that there IS a reason and surely God knows how we are to learn from these lessons/trials. And you are right...sometimes the things we have to deal with seem so SMALL and insignificant to others!

I agree with you...I've never deemed myself a scriptorian by any means, but have found that there are times when I wish I knew more about the Biblical times. Also, I've always been interested in learning more in-depth about the Old Testament lessons and laws, and how it ties to Judaism.