Yesterday, our pastor had a door up on stage with him as a visual effect for his sermon. He talked about how Jesus holds the key for us to that door. Thru him we can gain access thru that door. However, if he shuts the door...no one can open it.
Sometimes we try with all of our might to push open that door. Calling on the Lord crying out "Lord, I want that door open, I really really really want to get thru that door, please answer my prayer, open that door for me!" Yet He sees what's beyond that door that we don't see. He loves us enough to NOT open that door. We have to trust in the Lord that He has our best interest at heart. We may not fully understand why that door remains closed but we have to have faith knowing that it is a decision in our best interest.
I really enjoyed that visual. Sometimes I want to push on the door, to find a short cut around it, to have MY will be done. Yet, I also want safety and comfort in knowing that the Lord is in control and I can rest in that assuradness. I have to accept when the answer is no. Just as my children have to accept that answer from me, I also need to accept that answer from my heavenly father. I will not always understand it, nor like it, but just as I have the best intentions for my kids, so does God, for me.
1 comment:
How funny...I taught a lesson to the children in our church (this past Sunday, too) about how He answers our prayers...always, but not always in the ways we hope for.
And then it tied perfectly into the lesson that many times parents tell them no, yes, or not now, because they know what's best for them, just like the Lord.
Post a Comment