This morning I was having my morning quiet time and Ashton asked to sit beside me. I asked him if he'd like for me to read my bible aloud instead of silently to myself. He said yes. I was reading in Matthew when Jesus was talking to the Pharisees and scribes. As I am saying these words I was thinking to myself that Ashton is going to ask immediately what those type of people were. Without hesitation though Ashton did pipe up, but not to ask questions, but to tell me how him and his brother, along with his other classmates at Circle, did a play in their classroom with scribes, pharisees, soldiers, etc... he was very well versed in their individual roles.
Then, a bit later, I saw Ashton walking around with this sack cloth type bag around his neck that he had made at school as well. He proceeds to tell me it's the same type of bag that Sarah and Abraham wore to keep their food in.
These are such small examples, but as Ashton was revealing these things to me, I sat there thinking how awesome is it that my children are getting such a Godly education. That biblical truth is being talked about on a daily/hourly basis and that everything begins and ends with our creator. I wish I had such biblical foundations taught to me during school like they are when I was in school.
And I am not knocking other educational choices out there, but for us, I am so glad that they are receiving such wisdom, at such a young age. Ethan spent a year at TFA last year and he hardly received the amount of rich biblical history or biblical truths as he does now. How can they? Most schools, even christian ones, are still rated and perceived by the scores their students achieve and by their accolades, NOT by the amount of souls are saved or truths that their students endear for eternity.
I am so pleased with Circle Christian School that we partner with to homeschool. They have SUCH an awesome program for the kids. They absolutely love it and EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING ties back into God's unfailing love for us, his truths, His hand in our history and lives. They see God, not as some great power out there somewhere, but a living breathing God that wishes to know each of us intimately and on purpose.
A little funny: Ashton and I were talking the other day in the car about how God knew every hair on your head before you were even created. Ashton then quipped back "Well, God doesn't have to worry too much about Uncle Heath!" (For those of you who don't know my brother, he is not as full-headed as he once was in the hair department :) Love ya bro!
1 comment:
LOL--Heath might not think it's so funny! hehe.
Post a Comment