Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!

Yesterday Preston and I (and Brett and Candice, Preston's brother & wife, whom we had a double wedding with...) celebrated our TEN year wedding anniversary! ;)

We went to Hawaii last year before we built our house with some friends of ours, so we knew that this year was going to be a low-key anniversary celebration!

We ended up spending the evening with lots of friends from our life group. We met up at the Winter Park Village area for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and then over to see Fireproof the movie. What an incredible movie. Such a great message.

Preston and I are not without our own faults, by ourselves or together, but for the most part we really DO have a very strong marriage. That's not to say that the devil isn't constantly working to tear us apart...he wants to...ESPECIALLY to strong marriages. But I must say that we both make such a constant effort to keep each other first. We've always been BIG on date nights (thanks mostly to my mom who so ever graciously offers without asking to watch our children), getting the kids to bed at a decent time so that we can have our own time together, talking often throughout the day while he is at work, even if it's just a "hi, just checking on you!" and praying together.

I'm so very grateful to my husband. I know I am loved, cared for and thought about over his own needs or desires. We enjoy each others company and LIKE doing things together. I have no doubts in my mind whatsoever that this is the man I will grow old with and whom will still love me no matter WHAT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, TEN YEARS already!?

Stef Layton said...

wasn't that funny he called her at work just to see if she needed anything - and she was confused?! There isn't a day Thad doesn't call before coming home to see if I need anything from the store!!!

Happy anniversary! :>