Sissy is definitely becoming more and more apart of our family daily. The first week she was here we never heard a peep out of her...now in her excitement or if she has to go to the bathroom while in her crate she'll bark and bellow. The potty training is I guess going as expected. She have some really great days followed by days that make no sense whatsoever. Take this morning....I took her outside and stood with her quite a while, during which time she peed AND went poo-poo. Come inside, and within a matter of 10 minutes managed to go pee pee again on the carpet (UCK)...so out we go again and darn it all if she doesn't pee AND poop again! Followed once more with some more pee inside the house 15 minutes later.
Now normally I would assume that she has a small bladder, yada yada yada, however, she is able to go 9 hours in her crate thru the night, so that can't be it. BUT, it is actually getting better, so I'm satisfied.
The latest "problem" though was her nasty desire to EAT the poop out of the cat litter box. How GROSS is THAT!!! She'll get a big ol' clump in her mouth and then take it to her bed like she's just found some filet mignon. The kids and I have caught her doing this on 2 occassions...so it was off to the store yesterday to find a table we could put the litter box on that Sissy can't reach. For now, that seems to have solved the problem. Again, how GROSS is THAT!!!???
4 comments:
I am glad Sissy is doing well. Potty training can be lengthy - really it can take 7-8 months. Ah yes - the the kitty buffet and kitty crunchies as we call them - Wyatt too loves them so did Stuart. Absolutely grosses me out. I put a baby gate on the door to where the litter box is. XOXO Missy
totally gross, but welcome to dog ownership. Our dog has eaten other dog's poop, shredded up a dirty diaper, and pulled underwear out of the laundry basket and chewed a hole in the crotch. yeah - dogs are NASTY!
p.s - potty training did not take long, I rewarded him with a cookie after going - and let him out every hour, until he got it. If he made a mistake I took him over to it, popped his rear, and left him chained up outside for a bit. 2 months tops.
Gosh, don't let my hubby see this post--I have been asking for a puppy and keeps telling me NO! ;)
Post a Comment