Thursday, July 24, 2008

Doggie Pee...

Please tell me there is someone out there in blog land that can tell me if this is normal or not.

We got Sissy spayed on Tuesday and ever since she has been having a lot of accidents in the house and also peeing quite frequently and in little spurts when we take her out. She'll pee in like 5 different spots in a manner of 2 minutes in the backyard.

Prior to her surgery she was house trained. We've WAYYYY regressed.

I've been looking on the internet and reading some disturbing things. One being that 1 out of 200 females who get spayed can become incontinent....GREAT. Just what I don't need. The other option that I read that was common is a UTI following a spay. I'll definitely take that lesser of the two evils.

Guess I'll be headed off to the vet tomorrow to figure this out.

Anyone else have any experience with this???? Anyone???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, our dog did that. Ours "leaked" or "dribbled". They put her on progesterone? Anyway it's a "P" (no pun intended) med that she's been on most her life.

I heard it comes from spading too early (ours was spade at 9weeks from the Humane Society), but I don't know the details. We had a hard time house training her at the beginning, but that'll pass, but she'll have to be on a med.
Annaz (from HOD)