I have to take a moment to brag on my baby. A little history first...
Ethan has been playing football with Daddy every night (see post below) whenever it doesn't rain. He's been asking for football cleats for quite some time too.
Fast forward to yesterday...Ashton comes out of his room after quite time with all of his money (bills and coins) in this wallet contraption. He then tells me that he would like to spend HIS money to buy cleats for his brother! (Insert melting Mom's heart here) He said that he knows his brother really wants these and he doesn't want mommy to have to spend her money on it.
WOW. I was so incredibly proud of him at that moment. We loaded up in the car and we took off for Sports Authority. Ashton happily paid the cashier for his brother's shoes! What a blessing Ashton was to his brother yesterday.
Preston asked me if we should tell him that it was a really good offer but we would pay for them instead and I said NO, let's follow thru with his desire to buy them for Ethan. I thought this would really show his love, devotion and willingness to serve others.
1 comment:
Wow - what a wonderful thing for Ashton to do and I commend you on allowing him to purchase the cleats for Ethan. It is good for Ashton to see the reward he gets from seeing Ethan so elated for his gift from his brother. And understanding the meaning of giving.
XOXO Missy
Post a Comment