Friday night we got there around 8:30pm and made all of our beds. We then sat around and talked a bit. Edie brought this fantastic game called Sequence. We played in teams (Edie and I, Jenny and Heather)...we got spanked! :( We stayed up till about midnight playing then went to bed and ended up talking for another 2 hours! It was fabulous.
The girls!
*
We then went down to the beach with our lawn chairs and chatted it up some more as the waves crashed on our feet!
*
We got back to the beach house, did our clean up chores, ate some lunch and then before we were able to leave Edie wanted some redemption on the Sequence game so we played one more round...only to be royally spanked again by the Heather/Jenny Dream Team...those two need to hit the road to Vegas!
*
Overall it was such a special and unique time for each of us. I came away from it feeling even more convicted on our decision to Homeschool, closer to each of the women than when we got there and excited about my walk with the Lord and my special times I have during my conversations with Him.
*
I know this will be the start of an annual tradition to kick off our school year...we're even talking about a mid year get together, perhaps at the Gaylord Palms or something to regroup, reconnect and find strength amongst other like minded women.
*
Thanks girls...the weekend was a blast!
6 comments:
I just had to read the update and feel the pain of not getting to 'drink up' the encouragement! Next time for sure! Thanks for planning it. So glad it went over and above your expectations.
Have a great week,
stacey
Hi! Thanks for coming out of hiding on my blog. It's nice to find out who is actually reading. Sometimes I think I'm writing to myself. I will be sure to add you to google reader and get to know you through your blog, too!
You can comment anytime. I love them. :)
Jessica Pham (phamilyof6)
Sounds like you had a great time and got a lot of fabulous ideas. You will do great homeschooling. I look forward to read about your adventures!! Missy
I had an awesome time this weekend! I was thinking this morning what a blessing it was to me. Thank you for putting it together for us!
Your mom said you had a great weekend!
Glad you and the girld had a great time...
Dad
Post a Comment