Thursday, July 31, 2008

Morning quite time with God

Over the years I've tried to find a consistent time in which I could spend reading my bible and in prayer...it would always start out great, but eventually life, or sleep would get in the way....sadly. I either would have to lofty of a notion that I could rise before the roosters, only to realize over time that the roosters were getting more sleep than I and I couldn't maintain that schedule. Thus my quiet time got pushed aside. Or then I would decide that during the kids nap times I would devote to my devotions. Again, this or that would end up taking top priority and again, my devotions were pushed aside.

Why is it that the time we spend with God is always the first that seems to get pushed away? This should be our most important time of the day. We get to meet at the feet of our Lord...what is more glorious and special than THAT?

I'm happy to report that I've found a time/place that works for me. It's not too early and it's not too late. I curl up with a good cup of joe, my bible in hand and in the still of my house it's just me and my Lord. The added benefit is that there have been ocassions my children have caught me doing this. It has led to discussions and hopefully will leave an impression upon them the importance of meeting with our Heavenly Father, daily.

3 comments:

Stef Layton said...

Absolutely, Jake and I spend the first part of school doing a devotional together - or praying. I am getting in the habit of trying to include God all day not just in the mornings though, or else I just think he's available to me one time a day.

The Wagner Family said...

Good for you, Tiff! It is amazing that after all He did (and does) for us, the best we can give Him is whatever is convenient for us. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Tiff, thank you for sharing this! It's a good reminder to set that special time aside for God (which I have a hard time doing lately).

It was also a great reminder that our children watch and learn. I love having spiritual discussions with my boys, and sometimes, our examples speak volumes!