Monday, July 14, 2008

Dog Update

Well, things are going pretty well with Sissy. I think she is actually potty trained. She goes everytime we take her out and is not having accidents in the house. She will go 8-9 hours at night with no problems. Of course, since she is still a puppy, I am taking her out every hour, but at least she is getting the point that we go outside, no in.

However last night I took her out in the middle of a movie Preston and I were watching...it started to drizzle so I stood under the eaves of the house while I watched her go bathroom. Instead of running to me under the shelter of the home she proceeds to stand in the middle of the yard and just look at me. It had to be at least 2 minutes of complete stand still, looking right at me, like "are ya gonna come get me or what? Wanna play or what?" I was calling her name, clapping my hands, actin' all silly and she was having NONE of it. THEN, to make matters worse, once I step out from the safety of my eave to get her she starts high tailing it for the front yard! What a stinker...I had to go inside, get the umbrella and chase after her. The umbrella scared the bejeebee's out of her so she scrambled to the front door begging to get the heck out of dodge away from THAT umbrella! I was so aggrevated at this moment. We went out on a leash the next time out! HA

Overall though she is a really really sweet dog. VERY smart too. She knows her mamma and follows me around like nobody's business! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want more pictures of the doggie!!