Building this house it seems....
I've STILL got contractors coming and going.
Yesterday my tile guy was here trying to finally finish up my fireplace...WHICH HE STILL DIDN'T FINISH!!! grrrrrr
Last week my outdoor tile man had to fix some of the marble on the back patio that was beginning to SINK! Hello!!!
Tomorrow my kitchen cabinet guy is coming back to finally finish up the drawer that holds the kids computer keyboard!
Lightening hit the house and did some craziness to some of the electrical components of the house (ie. sound system had to be rebooted, as well as all the brighthouse equipment, the Receiver for the theater had to be replaced and the projector needs repair)...My A/V guy is coming out tomorrow to swap out the parts.
The drywall near my front stair case is not to my satisfaction. My drywall guys are coming back out to re-do this entire area. It's going to be a pain in the butt, but it's got to be done...and on their dime!
My plumber is coming back on Friday...our shower likes to come on hours after we've turned it off. Yes, you heard that right. There have been plenty of nights where I have been awoken at 2 in the morning to the sound of dripping water. I've been on the phone all day today with Kohler. They tell me that this isn't normal, but then my plumber gets on the phone with them and they tell him something completely different. Like this is something I will have to live with. I'm sorry, but I have a hard time swallowing the fact that this is just normal. I will NOT just live with it. My plumber at one point even suggested that we leave a broom near the shower so that after we turn off the valve we use the broom end to tap on the shower heads to help release the remaining water! WHAT? Are you kidding me!!!???##$#%%@^@ Oh yes, please, let me pay top dollar for some fancy smansy shower head and then take out my good ol' broom handle and just rattle it daily. I don't think so. So said Plumber man is coming back out on Friday to take the thing apart and try to figure out the deal.
Prayer request: Plumber will get his head screwed on right and figure this thing out. Cuz Lord knows I'm not stocking the master bathroom with a broom to be brought out each and everytime we shower!!!
2 comments:
Yikes! Not fun! I hope all the leftover stuff gets fixed ASAP! Although, like your title says, "It's never over!" True for even an "established" house!
I completely understand. :) After we bought our house, the folks at Home Depot knew us by first name. Some kept lollipops behind the counters for the kids! :0)
Post a Comment