Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random Ramblings...

I know I've mentioned in the past about the extra cushion my body has seemed to find...well, I'm happy to report that I've lost 10 lbs! Nothing extra ordinary on my part diet wise...just really trying portion control, and no fast food. I've walk/run 3-4 days per week (although these past two weeks have been pitiful in that area)!!!

I've got about 10 more lbs to lose until I'm really back into all my clothes...I'm sure those are going to be the HARD ones to lose!

For the past 10 weeks I've been enrolled in an ACTS class at our church on Wednesday nights called Sheparding Your Childs Heart. It is a video based series discussing what's beyond pure obedience in your children...getting to the heart of the matter and really helping your children learn core values from their heart, thru scripture. GREAT class, not so great proctor. She had good intentions, but the class fell short when it came to discussion time and sharing. Last night I was asked my opinion on the class, her teaching, etc. I was nice, but honest. They aren't sure what they are going to do about asking her back again or not. I've been really thinking lately that I would love to be a Wednesday night ACTS teacher, but not really sure what I could teach on. During this discussion I told them that if they did decide not to invite that teacher back that I would be very excited to teach the class myself. NOT that I have this down pat, far from it, but really all they need is someone that truly believes in this material, is passionate about scripture, and can facilitate lengthy and meaty discussions...I'M THE GIRL! I don't know if it will work out...but at least I threw it out there and they know I'm interested! :)

Homeschooling is still going steady...I really do love it. I love seeing the light bulb come on and watching my boys excel. Ethan especially is just taking off with his reading, and since I'm a reading fanatic, that makes me ultra excited!

Yesterday was just beautiful, yet cold, and since we had ZERO warm clothes for Ethan, we called it a Fall Break, took the day off from schooling, and went shopping instead. We started out at Panera for some yummy breakfast sandwiches and then headed off. It was a great day and one that I wouldn't be able to do with the boys if they were in traditional school. Just LOVE homeschooling!!! Highly recommend it to ANYONE!

My hair...ugh....I just want a change. But Lordy O' do I hate the growing out stage. Plus, I never ever get compliments when my hair is longer. I usually get at least 1-2 compliments per week when its short though. Sometimes I think, why fix it if it's not broken, but then I'll see someone with a fun hairstyle and think, wow I would love to do that with my hair...I'm just not sure. There are days that I really love my hairstyle and then other days I just feel ugly! Right now, I'm in a frustrating hair phase. So I guess you'll see what I decide to do if you see it chopped off shorter soon or start to see the ugly beginning phases of hair-growing-ou- and-not-sure-what-to-do-with-it-look! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I love your hair. But I totally know what you are saying!!! I have short hair and have been trying to grow it out--of course I will probably end up chopping it again. Ugh, vicious cycle!
But.....when you said that you get compliments with it short, not when it's longer----ditto!! I was just thinking that. It feels so blah getting longer and full of spunk short. I'll be anxious to see what you decide. Love your blog!!

Tiffanie Hage said...

Hi Mimi...thanks for the compliments! I appreciate it...I'll have to let you know what I decide soon...

Curious..how did you find my blog???

The Wagner Family said...

Honey, if you feel ugly, we all need help! You ALWAYS look great so go on and do whatever you want with your hair. You can't go wrong.

You'd be great as an ACTS teacher, too!

Stef Layton said...

if you can't wait for it to grow - dye it. I love experimenting with color!

Anonymous said...

I meant to write how I found your blog in my previous note...but could not remember!!! I thought and thought......I found it on the Heart of Dakota board!
I homeschool little boys as well. I have really enjoyed your blog. I have a few I like to follow for inspiration and encouragement.

Rebecca said...

If there is one woman I know that can truly rock short hair, that would be you!! You always have it styled so cute (if my face wasn't SO round and chubby, I'd ask for the "Tiff" hair-do next time at the salon!!)

Anonymous said...

Honey....you've always had that teaching bug...remember the teaching that you and Melanie had in our classroom aka "garage"? It's in your heart...go for it with the church and incidentally, I'm really seeing the reading skill in Ethan these days. Our days are numbered for spelling things in front of the kids. Mom