So today in school we did self portraits. The boys studied themselves in the mirror and then drew out what they saw on the paper. They noticed the color of their eyes, the color of their hair, etc... As they were drawing their portraits I asked them about the qualities they held on the INSIDE and wrote those down on another sheet of paper. After they described their inner-beauty I stapled the paper to their picture.
We have been studying King Saul and how although he was a very handsome man, he was very ugly on the inside. He did not show loving or kind qualities. While it's nice to have good looks on the outside, what is MOST important is what is on the inside.
Here is Ashton's self portrait. On his qualities paper he told me he was LOVING, KIND, HELPFUL, AND SELFLESS.

This is Ethan's self portrait. On his qualities paper he had me write OBEDIENT, LOVING & HELPFUL!
3 comments:
What a great idea. I love the heart on Ethan's.
I would like to have a copy of their portraits...they're fantastic. I couldn't get over how clear and detailed they were. I agree with both their self-assessments. Grandma
The portraits are fantastic. I love them both. Definitely something I would frame and hang. Love love love them!! tiff - you are such a great teacher and especially mommy!! XOXO
Post a Comment