Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jammin'

I'm sure many moms out there can attest to the grating sound kids whining and bickering can do to their parents ears on any given road trip...well folks, we have found the solution to this problem...

This past week at school the kids learned all about percussion instruments and string instruments. We even went on line to You Tube and downloaded the STOMP video (quite cool if you've never seen one). On Friday the boys made instruments out of everyday items (ie. Crystal Lite containers with birdseed for a morraco, upside down can for steel drums, 1/2 caprisun box with rubberbands around them for guitar).

The instruments were in the back of my car today and as we were coming home from visiting their Great Memom (about 1 hour away from home) we JAMMED the entire ride home. We would switch channels on the radio (and on more than one ocassion I had to quickly switch again due to pitifully poor/vulgar/inappropriate lyrics) to whatever had a good beat.

Rocker Ethan was on the bass guitar...Madman Ashton was on the drums...and Mamma Mia was shaking her money maker, I mean, morraco like a fool!

We had the BEST time coming home from this trip. I would highly recommend converting some of your own discarded food products into your own instruments...their wasn't one bit of bickering or whining when we'd be home...their only complaint was wanting the music up LOUDER AND LOUDER!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love music...

Missys4 said...

How fun!! My kids would love it and you are right what a fun trip in the car!! We too love to jam to music.