Today was one of those perfect days that make homeschooling so sweet. It's days like today that help me get thru the days that are completely opposite! :)
School just flowed today. Perhaps it was my lackadaisical attitude towards Ashton so my focus only truly has to be on one student academically or what, but whatever it was, it was GREAT!
After we finished school today we laced up our tennis shoes and hit the road for some biking! It has been such beautiful weather lately and the kids have been wanting to ride their bikes over to a local park. It's probably about 2.5 miles away, not far, unless you've got short legs (ahem...Ashton) and have to pedal your brains out to keep up with everyone else, then 2.5 miles becomes 250 miles in your mind! So we got about half way there and decided to take a detour into an old neighborhood of ours that has a little community park. The boys played quite a while, working on their pumps while swinging, racing each other down the slides and getting dizzy on the tire swing that spins around. Then we played some I spy and called it a day!
The ride back home was much easier...not that it was any shorter...but we took the other side of the road and for some reason that side is MUCH hillier than the other side...MUCH hillier. The boys had a blast riding up and down the hills....especially raising their legs in the air as they would coast down the other side of the hill.
We got back, got the kiddos in the shower, and then we all were able to have a bit of quite time to ourselves.
It was just a really peaceful day. Today I felt so lucky and blessed to be with my boys, thinking about how sad I'd be if they were in some classroom all day, and unable to ride the hills with me!
3 comments:
I totally agree that it is the good days that keep us going! Today after school we went outside and played in the backyard. I got up in the kids "clubhouse" and Lucas kept patting my back. I felt as if he was saying, "This is my mommy and she belongs right up here with me."
These are the kind of days that I feel so BLESSED to have my children, to have my life, to have everything I enjoy. I'm glad you had a great day...everyone deserves these!
Santa is bringing bikes to our kids this year!! :))
Post a Comment