Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Raising Children
Sometimes it is SOOOOO hard raising children. Raising Godly children. I want nothing more in this world but to instill values in my children that are so deeply rooted, so deeply planted, that it just IS who they are. The bible tells us that the heart is the wellspring of life. That what is planted in the heart is what will be carried out by their actions.
However, sometimes, often times, I feel like I am failing miserably in this area. I know this is not truth, but when I say the same things over and over, discipline consistently over the same things, walk thru the scriptures with the kids over and over, and the same things happen again and again I just feel so helpless!
This has been a tough week with Ashton. I know this isn't the end of the world, but right now I am in the throws of willfulness! I just have to trust in the Lord and keep moving forward. There are days when I think about how thankful I am to be homeschooling b/c at least now I can work on these issues constantly. If he was away at school all day, these issues would still remain, I just wouldn't be able to work thru them as often as I am now!
Sometimes I am just plain pooped. Worn out. Folly is bound up in the heart of a child. I know this. Yet when you are in the midst of all this it's hard to see that it's ever going to change!
I do have good kids and I don't want them to be robots. But I do want high standards for my family. I want them to show love and respect and kindness to everyone, including each other. This is such a pivotal time in my kids lives. I want to capture their hearts before it's too late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that you care so much but let me assure you, you're doing a wonderful job. We have good days and low days and so do the kids but keep up the good work. We all know who is the author of the negative thoughts...hmmmmm. Mom
First of all, let me say, "I feel your pain."
Second of all, if anyone has their kids' hearts, it is you my dear. You are such an awesome, loving, fun, in-the-trenches mom! You are building relationships with your boys and a you lead them by example. You love them unconditionally and they know it.
Press on my friend!! God must be pleased with you.
I am in the trenches with you...as I'm sure most of us are. Just know you are not alone and God has a much bigger picture than of the screaming and disobedient child today!
Post a Comment