Today we had a Birthday Party to celebrate the birth of Jesus! I invited about 10 other Homeschool moms and their kids (about 30!!!) over to our house! The kids, and mom's had a ball! All the moms were instructed to bring their favorite cookie for a cookie exchange and each child was to bring a wrapped book for a book exchange!!
*
We started out the party by reading the book The Newborn King. Once finished we played a game called "Gifts for Jesus from A to Z". Each child was to write down one thing they could give to Jesus as a gift starting with each letter of the alphabet. Most of the older kids wrote down Kingdom gifts (ie. attitude, kindness, determination, etc...) while the majority of the younger kids wrote whatever they could think of that would start with that particular letter (ie. dog, webkinz, apple, etc..)

After that we played pin the star on the manger...
This is the manger scene I created with posterboard...
They were blindfolded, turned around a few times, and then had to get the star
right in between the starlight beams...
We had so many delicious, and adorable, cookies to choose from
This is the manger scene cake...isn't it just precious!!!
Abby Thacker enjoying her sweet treats!
Coltin Dowling enjoying his treat!!!

Emma Thacker and Kaitlyn Thibodeaux

Here's Ashton opening his book for the book exchange! He ended
up with a I spy Christmas book...which is just perfect for him
because he LOVES I spy books!


6 comments:
we had a great time - thanks so much for inviting us!
I can't believe I missed it! You are doing this every year now, right? ;)
What a great idea! Man, if I lived close to you, I would have totally crashed your party. Just to play the pin the star on the manger game. That was COOL!
Thanks so much for blessing our family! We had the best time! Love the pictures! My favorite part, was hearing them sing, "Happy Birthday" to Jesus - precious!
wow, that looks tons of fun!!! (Yesterday in teh car, Amelia started singing "GO JESUS, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, GO JESUS, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" We cracked up laughing and have NO IDEA where she got that one from!
We had such a wonderful time! When listening to the kids sing "Happy Birthday" I thought, this is one of those times that helps plant a firm foundation with our children.
To echo the Wagner's, "You are doing this every year now, right?"
Thanks for inviting us!
Post a Comment