Sunday, December 28, 2008

Double Feature

Friday we went to go see Bedtime Stories with the kids...it's actually a really cute movie. We all thoroughly enjoyed it! Ethan was a bit disappointed (although he liked it) and really wanted to see Marley and Me...so as we were walking out of the theater he asked if we could go see it NOW! I kinda chuckled, b/c that would be something his daddy would say...being the movie buff that he is...so Preston said "well what time does it start?" I looked and it was starting in FIVE MINUTES! So, we paid for the tickets and went back in! :) Marley and Me was a cute movie, but quite sad. They boys, especially Ethan, was quite shaken up over the film's ending. I won't tell you in case you want to see it. But if you, or your children, get saddened over tragedy revolving around a dog...you may not want to see this film! I actually warned my sister in law b/c they resently had to put their own labrador down and would have been a blubbering mess had they gone to this film...she was very grateful that I forewarned her!


3 comments:

Rachél said...

Thanks for the warning about Marley and Me! I will cross that one off our list for the time being. Our current "dog movie" will just have to remain Bolt.

Anonymous said...

oh no, Marley is sad!?! crap, I wanted to take Amelia.

Missys4 said...

My niece and brother went to see Marley and Me and she told me the ending. I would have never guessed but I was grateful she told me especially since we lost our beloved Stuart and Huckleberry this past year. Not sure if I am ready to see it! I still cry over Stuart but was happy on Christmas Eve day the plant my girlfriend bought for me after he died in February bloomed a single bloom - really. It was such a cool feeling because I knew Stuey was here. I know sounds kind of corny but I loved him so much.