My brother surprised his wife with a little weekend away for her 30th birthday. Part of this plan involved me watching their 2 year old son, Hunter. He was really a doll, no complaints or tantrums....but what a difference being a few years beyond this stage does for your memory!
You can't turn your eye for a moment...and he is active. I have gotten really used to the ages of my children, not needing to tend to their every need, nor every move. I'm thinking I like the stage we are in. :)
Preston told me to cement this memory into my head - the next time I bring up the idea of having another baby.
I think he's right.
5 comments:
I have had that thought, but then I see the adorable 7 week old of a friend and church and realize I even miss the cute little newborn cry! I do not miss the lack of sleep though.
But it's different when they are your own!
I am so with you - although it is different when they are your own - I am still happy we are in the stage we are in every time I baby-sit my friend's 16 month old - whew eeeeee......a lot of work!!
Exactly! That's why you can never get out of this stage. That's when you quit having them. But seriously, thanks so much so helping with Hunter!
Y'know what's funny, I have a hard time holding babies now. I get all nervous....I'm liking the stage we are in:)
Post a Comment