Ashton is continuously keeping us on our toes. Whether it's trying HARD to shepard this boy thru life, or trying HARD not to laugh at his one liners...
Here are a few of the antics that keep us continuously laughing...
Ashton just found a live monarch butterfly on our porch. He carefully picked it up to show me.
Once I looked at it I could tell part of its wings had been torn off somehow. I told this to Ashton and he quickly replied..."Oh no, she must of had a May Day, May Day, coming in for a rough landing!"
************************
We had an open house. As we were walking our guest to the front door Ashton quickly turned on the porch music without us seeing this. We stopped to discuss some last minute things and playing on the radio is FLASHDANCE. Behind our guest is Ashton running back and forth doing flying leaps, all Mikeal Barishnokov on us. We couldn't help but start laughing, I'm sure the guest was thinking we were completely rude.
*************************
We had stew the other night and Ashton asked for some bread to go along with it. Preston laid a piece of pumpernickel bread down in front of him. Ashton, then politely, said "Daddy...my PREFERENCE is to have butter on it!" I don't know...coming out of a little 5 year old, this just sounded quite funny to us.
*************************
In keeping with our "selfless day" - Ashton proudly announced that on HIS day he was going to have Ethan brush HIS teeth like he did for him, make HIS bed for him, wipe HIS hiney for him...WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?! Oi vey!
1 comment:
I love the little one liners. There IS something so funny about certain things being said by a really young child. Loved picturing the flash dance scene. You have to laugh at stuff like that. Isn't fun to have a blog to document all these things as well!They are the little things that might slip through cracks in our memory, y'know!
Have fun!!
Post a Comment