It was fun while it lasted, but I've decided the cons outway the pros...
I'll miss seeing everyone's daily status and cute pics, but it was taking up too much of my brain space and time away from doing things that I should be doing more of like chores, family time, etc...
I was also starting to feel a bit like junior high all over again. Sent out a few "friend" requests that rejected me. WOW. Talk about a bit of sting. I really don't need to feel like this. My husband is very protective of me and he's constantly wishing I wasn't on there (he's even not so crazy about me blogging...but I'm still holding out on this one at least! :) )
Anyways, why put myself thru such silliness...over something that is really so trivial and in the grand scheme of things NOT helping me or my family reach goals we have for ourselves. I need to focus my attention on THESE things.
5 comments:
It's hard to make changes in our life. I once got so wrapped up in Livejournal that it consumed everything from me. I finally had to call it quits. It was hard, but I was so glad to get that out of my life.
Well, girlie you have added nearly 300 friends, I bet that is time consuming.
My girlfriend and I were just talking about this subject(facebook). You wrote just what I was thinking about it---it's a time sucker(I'm thankfully not a member). On the other hand, I have been seriously thinking of blogging. Just to connect to other homeschoolers and have a little outlet.
you will feel great once you're off! PROMISE! Very freeing!!!!
Thanks for inviting me to read this blog! I know what you mean about Facebook, though I only just joined not long ago so I'm not quite ready to give it up..LOL..
Post a Comment