Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ponte Vedra Beach

We drove down yesterday to stay a few days with Preston's family in Ponte Vedra. We are staying in a lovely beachfront home. As we were driving yesterday with everyone in tow, including dog, she got carsick and threw up in her crate. A short stop later and a cleaned up crate and we were back on the road!

We got to the condo and the boys immediately headed down to the water. Mind you it was 6:45 at night, the wind was blowing something fierce and it was CHILLY! Didn't bother the kids....straight in, no stopping them!

Later that night as we were finally getting everyone to bed a storm started rolling in. At first it started as heat lightening, which frightened Ethan and he decided to sleep with his cousin Blake in Pop and Nonna's closet. Ashton slept thru the change in sleeping arrangements. The storm got progressively worse, probably one of the worst thunderstorms I have ever heard, and at 4:00 a.m. the thunder was so intense that I thought I should go downstairs and get into the twin next to Ashton should he wake up and realize he's all alone.

He slept right through everything. Go figure.

The kids have now gone off with Daddy and Pop in search of boogie boards...no matter the weather these boys have plans for those waves!!!

3 comments:

really.truly said...

That sounds like some storm. What a blessing that Ashton slept through it! I love sleeping during the rain.

Hope you have a wonderful visit!!The beach sounds so nice right now.

Stef Layton said...

tears - that's where we moved from. We lived in Sawgrass (still own a house there). The Walgreens down by McDonalds (210) used to always have boogie boards! You HAVE TO eat at Lu Lus - best seafood ever!

Rebecca said...

Ohh, beach talk - I am jealous!!
Have a relaxing time away :)