The boys and I have started reading Little Pilgrim's Progress on Friday...and we all LOVE IT!!! Oh my goodness...what an incredible story! The Author, Helen Taylor, took John Bunyon's original book (Pilgrim's Progress) and simplified the vocabulary and concepts while keeping the storyline intact so young readers can understand the story better.It is both a simple adventure story AND a profound allegory about the Christian journey through life. It features a young boy, Christian, as he follows the narrow path that leads to the King in the Celestial City.
We are only on Chapter 17, but the boys are eager to have me read more and more...we were almost late getting ready for church this morning because they didn't want it to come to an end! I love it when a good book captivates them like this!
I would highly highly recommend this book! This book is actually part of our curriculum, but not until the 3rd grade I believe, it will be on Ethan's reading list for dissection and more complete study! Awesome!!!
3 comments:
This is one of my favorite books!! I have read it to the kids twice now and wondered where this book was when I was a little girl!!
That sounds like a great book! I'll have to look for it.
I can't wait Tiff!
Post a Comment