How many of us have said, or been told, "I wish children came with an instruction manual!"
There are times when I feel overwhelmed with the task of parenting and sheparding my children. Right now in particular I'm struggling with cheerful obedience from one of them. Yet everytime I return to the Word I am comforted with the instructions from the Lord. He DOES give us an instruction manual!
Psalm 119:105 says "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."
Proverbs 6:23 then says "For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life."
Whenever you are unsure of what to do, how to handle any situation, return to the Word. He is clear on His instructions for us as parents. It's the world that muddys the proper reproof!
2 comments:
Amen!
Yep...for everything!
Post a Comment