Friday, September 14, 2012

Scribing the Scriptures


Tuesday night at a monthly ladies dinner club I attend, called Legacy Principles, we were challenged to start scribing the book of Philippians (yes I realize in the picture I spelled it wrong).  To scribe the scriptures is to write them down, word for word, and then go back thru highlighting parts that really stand out for you.

I had never done anything like this before, however it REALLY intrigued me because I am definitely a person that learns best when I write.  In college I would come home after class and my way to study for a test was to re-write ALL my notes on index cards.

The next morning I began scribing.  Wow.  This is a pretty awesome way to study the scriptures.  So far I am LOVING it.  I write about a page and a half on the left side of a page, then go back, highlight what spoke to me.  On the right side of the same page I write down my thoughts and prayers for these verses.

I'm really excited for what lies ahead for me as I continue this exercise.  I know I am going to see BIG things come from this.  I definitely can see how this is going to benefit my growth and knowledge of his Word.

2 comments:

really.truly said...

That is so neat,Tiff! It reminds me of
Doing an inductive study. Love getting excited about the Bible!

Rebecca said...

Sounds great! I'm working my way through all 66 books. I'm
In Isaiah right now... Maybe I'll wait until the new testament to start scribing:)