Friday, September 21, 2012

Not Ashamed

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the goodnews to all creation."  Mark 16:15

Have to brag on my boy a bit here.  I am so incredibly proud of him.  He is not ashamed of Christ and loves to tell the world about him.

Today, as a reward for working hard during their school time, we grabbed some lunch and headed over to a local park to play before golf.

When we got there, Ashton ran off to play hide-n-go seek with several kids while Ethan quickly made friends with a boy a year or two older than him on the park bench.  They were just chatting away and I was so wishing I were a fly on the wall to hear the conversation they were having.

Wouldn't you know it, but two seconds later, Ethan comes running over to me very excited wanting to know what particular verse in the Bible demonstrates salvation as a free gift, not dependent on our works or deeds.  I asked him what they were talking about and he said, "Jesus, Mom!  We are talking about salvation and how you don't have to do anything to get into heaven.  He thought you had to be perfect and do certain things, and I've been over there telling him that NO, you don't, all you have to do is believe in Christ as your Savior and then your name will be written in the Lambs Book of Life!  But I want to show him the exact scripture!"

He was so on fire, so pumped, so excited that he had a very real opportunity to personally lead someone to Christ.

Unfortunately, the boy's family called him to leave and the boy approached us telling us good-bye.  Ethan asked him to stay just one more minute while he found the scripture, but you could see his parents walking off and him needing to follow.  I told him goodbye and Ethan began to shout across the park that all he needed to do was to believe and ask Christ to be his Savior!

It was pure preciousness.  I love his boldness.  I was NEVER so bold as a 10 year old in sharing the gospel with others...Ah the faith of a child, so unabashed.

As the boy walked away from sight, Ethan prayed that the words sank in and he would research it on his own and in the end choose Christ.  He told me, "Missionary work is amazing!"

Then he quickly decided that he was addicted to this and wanted to find another friend here at the park to be able to share the gospel with.

Ethan has ALWAYS had a heart for Christ, for others and never wants anyone to be left behind!  I know that God has BIG plans for him one day and it is certainly honey to my soul to see him doing God's work so early in his young life.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It brings honey to my heart also, Tiffanie. You've been sowing seeds in both Ashton and Ethan's hearts for sometime and Ethan is beginning to bloom. God is so good. Grandma