The other night Ethan climbed into bed with Preston and I and wanted to understand again the reason his right hand doesn't function the same as his left.
I spent the next few minutes sharing with Ethan that there was NO mistake when Ethan was knitted in my womb. That God had purposefully and specifically created him and that he is wonderfully made. We talked about how far he has come and all that he has to look forward to.
Ethan seems to understand all of this with wisdom beyond his years. He is constantly talking about Gods plan for his life.
Fast forward to Tuesday while we were doing our Meals on Wheels route...one of the sweet seniors we deliver to had just undergone surgery on both hands for trigger fingers. Her right hand didn't come out so well and she's having to go thru therapy to regain use of it. Ethan immediately lit up and shared his experience with therapy and the progress he has made.
We got back to the car and I turned to Ethan and expressed my delight in him sharing his own experiences and struggles with his hand to give Mrs. Fergus encouragement and hope.
He excitedly said that perhaps the plan for his life could be to work with people struggling with their hands.
It could be Ethan, it sure could be!!!! But whatever it is....you are going to do it with ALL your heart and soul. I'm sure of THAT!
4 comments:
T~I've missed your posts:)...and this one, brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet, sweet boy you have. And he IS so wonderfully made. From all you have written about him-he sounds like he has such a loving, mature heart--especially for a boy his age. Such understanding he has!!!
You are such a wonderful mom!!
Tiff, you are doing such a wonderful job with Ethan. I cannot express my feelings of greatfulness I have in the way you handle my grandchildren. God has always been so good to me while you and your brother were growing up and he continues to spread his blessings to both of you. I love that little boy so very much and it is true God has wonderfully made him....and just think....he's ours. I love both of them so.....
Mom
What terrific insight your little guy has and a magnificent heart to boot!
Ethan really has such a warm heart! :) How awsesome.
Post a Comment