Friday, August 31, 2012

Lukas Butterfly Field Trip

One of the awesome moms in our homeschool group at Circle set up a field trip at Lukas Butterfly Nursery.  At first I was hesitant to go since we did it in 1st grade and I thought the tour would be too "babyish" for us, but I am so glad we went.  It was awesome!

 I'm assuming they change the tour based on the age of the class.  This time we took a walk through their property and got to see their butterfly plants outside....

 Their chicken coop....
 With crazy chicken hair...
 We saw some really awesome plants and learned about them all!
 It was pretty cool that they had papyrus growing since we had JUST started our study on Egyptians and their usage of papyrus the day before!
After the outside walking tour, we got to go inside their greenhouse area and hold a butterfly on our fingers.  It was REALLY hot in there...oh my hotness!  Then everyone grabbed their lunch and ate at the picnic area.  The kids had a great time, as well as the mommas did getting to know each other!

No comments: