For Ashton's 9th birthday we told him that we were going to allow him and Ethan to stay up ALL NIGHT! Junk food, video games, movies and surprises awaited him. He was so excited and eagerly counted down the days to this coveted night!
The night arrived and we began the evening picking up 2 medium pizzas from Dominoes. Then we headed to the theater to see the new Disney flick, The Odd Life of Timothy Green. What a great film. Even Ashton shed a tear or two at one point in the film. Definitely two thumbs up. Then they stopped in the movie arcade room, that we never do, and played a couple games.
Once we got back home we passed out flashlights for nighttime hide-n-go-seek! Ashton decided to dress in all black and declared himself the Black Ninja!


Oh my word that was fun! We ran, screamed a bit too much for the neighbors I'm sure, I got out of breath way too easily, and at one point during my pursuit of Ashton (he's FAST) totally tripped and ate dirt!
Sweaty, sweaty, sweaty...we then came inside and the boys jumped in the shower quickly. We then blindfolded them to go to Krispy Kreme before they closed at 11:00 P.M.
They enjoyed trying to figure out where we were turning and driving too. Ashton said he was clueless and Ethan was sure he knew EXACTLY where we were going. However, neither was able to tell us where we were before the blindfolds were removed!
We came home to open some gifts. As you can see each gift was labeled to be opened at certain times throughout the night. For the gifts to be opened when we were asleep, Ethan was going to video tape Ashton opening it. However, Ashton really wanted to open them all, so we relented and he opened them all!!
We played several rounds of SPOONS, one of Ashton's new games! It was a fun game!! However, I now remember playing this as a child, and we simply pulled a deck of cards out and our own spoons instead of having to buy a "pre-made" set. LOL!!
By midnight the kids were ready to settle down to watch movies and play video games. Momma and Daddy were ready for bed! I made a pallet on the floor, fulling expecting to find them completely asleep from being in these reclined positions. NOPE
I woke up at 4:00 AM and peeked around the corner to find them both still up watching a movie. Totally surprised by that. Without disturbing them, I went back to bed. Awoke again at 7:00 AM, came out to find Ethan still fully awake, Ashton turned on his side, but as soon as I walked in the room his eyes popped open. I walked Ethan into his room while Ashton used the restroom.
I came out to check on Ashton to see him throwing up all over the "carpeted" bathroom floor! Oh goodness!! Guess it's not a party till someone throws up, right?! I'm not fully sure if it's from too much junk (which could certainly be the case) OR if he caught Dedi's stomach bug she had on Wednesday, since he saw her on Thursday?!
I put a blanket over their window, and both boys are snug as a bug in a rug sleeping soundly in bed. I have no clue how long they'll sleep, but hopefully enough!!
This was certainly a memorable birthday for Ashton, throw up and all! I hope it's a memory (minus the throw up) that he will cherish forever!
Happy Birthday bud. We love you so very much!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment