Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fortunate Books Launch Event

Last night was Ethan's official launch for his business, Fortunate Books. It was a Market Place
event for the finale of his Entrepreneur Camp he attended.  There were approximately
13 other "vendors" displaying their creations, goods and services for all the shoppers
to admire...and purchase!


Ethan did SUCH a great job!  I thought he would be nervous, but he wasn't!  He was fantastic with his people skills; shaking hands, introducing himself and his business, handling questions, making sales, making change, handing our his business cards and giving a presentation in front of a fairly large crowd!




The following is the presentation that he gave last night:

Hi!  My name is Ethan.  I am the Founder of a book business called Fortunate Books!

      I got the idea of a book business one day when I was looking at our book cases.  IT HIT ME!!!  Why don’t I sell books?  My mom was so excited and thought it would be a great idea.

I picked the name Fortunate Books because every book is a treasure.  My goal is to find all my books a good home.

My plan was to find books I could sell that have:
·         Tight binding
·         Clean pages
·         No water damage AND
·         In great shape

We also set up our website, a facebook page and ordered 250 business cards.

A lot of people have already started purchasing books from my website.  On my very first day there were over 137 page views coming form the mainland of America, Alaska, Japan, Germany, Australia, Russia and the United Kingdom.

I hope you liked my presentation and I hope you’ll like Fortunate Books.

Please come by my booth and buy a treasure for your home too!!

He did a FANTASTIC job!  Preston and I couldn't have been more proud of him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proud.....we were all so proud of him. He spoke clear, looked at his audience and articulated his message to a tee! It was a wonderful night for me....his grandma.