Last Friday was Chapel for the lower school kids. Every month they recognize a child from each classroom that exemplifies quality character traits (ie. patience, kindness, love of God, love of others, etc.) Not every child gets nominated since there are only about 8 months out of the year that they do this. This month, Ethan was nominated by his teacher as the Royal Student of the Month!! He was so super excited when they called his name and made a "Yes!" Gesture with his arms and fist...it was too cute. Amber Lail, the Lower School Principal read out a statement made by each recommending teacher. Mrs. Pigg basically wrote that Ethan had a very tender loving heart for Jesus and that he was always the first to help someone out. She said a bunch more stuff but I was so busting at the seems with pride that I couldn't concentrate on everything being said! LOL He was so excited to show everyone his Royal Pin!
Here he is with one of his classmates, Austin, and his brother!

1 comment:
I was looking back on your blog and reread some things. I can't tell you how much this honor has moved me. Ethan is so very special to me and I know that Ashton will follow in his footsteps with honors as well but it really makes my heart warm all over for Ethan to have this award. This is an award of "character" and that is so, so important. Good job Mom and Dad...could I be prejudice? Grandma P
Post a Comment