Friday, October 5, 2007

Pumpkin seeds

So Ashton got two pumpkins yesterday from Green Meadows Farm and we decided to have an impromptu early Halloween pumpkin "carving". I cut the tops off and the boys "enjoyed" (NOT) getting their hands all slimy pulling the seeds out of the pumpkin. Then, instead of carving the pumpkin, because that's what DADDY'S are for, the boys decided to decorate their pumpkins! Ethan decided to put about 10 different faces all around the top of the pumpkin and Ashton just kinda drew circles all around. We then slathered the seeds with butter and sea salt and baked on 380 degrees...20 minutes later....SCRUMPTIOUS...seeds are done!

The boys thoroughly enjoyed the whole process...I can't WAIT to get my new kitchen so that we can enjoy cooking together in much more spacious space!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what fun memories! One of my favorite pictures of when Hayden and Porter were little, was when they were sitting on our kitchen table scooping out all the junk.

Cute boys!!

Anonymous said...

I miss being at every event...what fun and memories they will have. God is good. Mom

Anonymous said...

Ethan LOVED the slimey seeds when he was just shy of 2. I have pictures to prove it! Dedi