I must take a moment to brag on my baby, Ethan! Can I just tell you how proud we are of him? As many of you know, he goes to The First Academy. This school is a college prepatory school and is very high in it's academic standards. Needless to say, gone are the days of Kindergardeners just finger painting and learning the Letter People! HA!
Since the first week of school they have given Ethan about 5 site words and 5 family words, along with a bible verse for him to memorize each week. He has done so well on it all. His teacher also has a reading program in place called Ring Words. Once the child accomplishes reading all the Ring Words they are sent home their very first book that they can read on their very own. Ethan has actually been reading books that I have at home (basic phonics books) but on Tuesday he passed his Ring Word test and got to bring the "Mac" book home to read for us. Once they can read this book with ease they return it for the next book. After 10 books they get 10 pieces of bubble gum (I'm sure eaten ALL AT ONCE!) :) We got the Mac book, he's read it just fine, and we are returning it today for the next book. I cannot tell you how proud of him I am...not only is he doing so well in school, but he is excited about school...that makes all the difference in the world. We had told him in the beginning once he accomplished his Ring Words and tested for it we would take him to the Fun Spot (it's a racetrack type amusement park)...so Saturday we're off to the races! :)
Lastly, he got his first report card today and the teacher's comments were: "Ethan is a joy to teach. He is a happy and thoughtful child." Just what a mother wants to hear! He got excellent marks from all of his teachers (including PE, Art, Music & Spanish). He also got outstanding grades for all his character qualities (Love God Wholeheartedly in your actions towards others, Serve Others joyfully, Obeys Authority & works diligently)
Needless to say, we are so proud of him.
1 comment:
Great job, Ethan! You're doing so great!
Post a Comment