The other day I was watching a program about this man, who had millions and realized he was no more happier in the 17,000 sq. ft home than he was when he only made $1000 per week, was talking about how animals only "take" what they need. The oak doesn't absorb ALL the nutrients in the soil, only what it needs. The lion doesn't kill the entire herd of elk, but only one, for it's dinner. The only thing that takes more and more and more until it eats itself and dies off is CANCER. We humans are also guilty of taking more and more and more. And more can also become a cancer.
This resonated with me. I am no less happy now that I am living in 3000 sq. feet LESS than I was before. If anything, I'm HAPPIER! The old adage "less is more" is so true.
I DO want to find a home where we can take "root". Somewhere my boys will remember growing up in and a place to "come home too" as they grow and leave the house.
Right now we are taking deep breaths, dreaming, talking about the future, and just relaxing in the simplicity of where we call home now.
1 comment:
So sweet, and true. John and I watched the show you are referring to and both really enjoyed it! Thanks for mentioning it at Bible Study. XO
Post a Comment