Our home was my labor of love, many hours and tears went into building what I thought was going to be our forever home. However, it was still JUST a home. As the market began to show a quick decline in the housing market, which greatly effects my husbands livelihood, we made the decision to list our house.
We scratched our heads often, wondering why we felt the Lord leading us through the building process only to have us listing it so quickly afterwards. Preston and I have always been very good stewards of our money. We don't have car payments, nor credit cards, don't go on lavish vacations, and certainly would never try to live beyond our means. We had a plan with our home, that plan didn't work out, but looking back on the entire process we have grown SO MUCH in areas that we didn't even think we needed to grow in.
I eagerly anticipated our closing day, holding my breath on many occasions. I really couldn't believe that the day was actually going to be here. However, the morning of the closing, I woke up with this huge lump in my gut. I KNEW we were doing the right thing, however, all of a sudden it just was happening, it was for real.
I shed a couple of quick tears, looked around the house, gave thanks to God for His goodness and provision, and put together a gift for the new owners. The picture you see above of the key. It says: "This home was made with LOVE"
At the closing I gave it to the wife. She opened it and began to cry. I hope they enjoy our home and feel all the love that was put into it.
1 comment:
Oh man, I totally get it! I feel like I have walked beside you through this change. You have kept such an amazing and positive attitude. I have so many thoughts about this, but can't put them into words. Sending a hug and wishing I was there to help unpack!! I'm just so blessed and thankful to have you in my life. Wishing you a fabulous first week in your new home. Love ya!
Post a Comment