This morning Preston took Ethan to school so Ashton and I were able to be a little bit more leisurely around the house. It was just an all around perfect morning. We got on our gardening gloves and headed out the front door. The cool breeze felt just incredible. I headed towards the rose bushes to cut off the dead heads (thanks to my incredibly talented Mother in law in gardening...she told me to cut them off until you reach the leaf that has 5 leafs around) and Ashton was assigned the task of pulling off the dead leaves around the agapanthus. Once he completed that he joyfully picked up the majority of the dead magnolia leaves around the yard and picked the dead gardenias off the bush.
After we finished our gardening we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood (see the post below for our encounter with the biggest dog known to man!). We toured one of the houses under construction...it is mediterranean, so not exactly my style, but it was beautiful nonetheless. It actually kinda sorta sparked an interest to do another house, but I quickly put that fire out and reminded myself all that it entails to build a home LOL.
Once we got home we went upstairs and did some school work. Ashton worked on his letters, writing his name and we did an art project on Ants. Once that was done Ashton said he was interested in learning to tie his shoes...we worked on that for about 5 minutes before he was "over it" and wanted to go onto something else.
Ashton is contently playing with his cars, I've got Z88.3 piped through the house, the laundry is going, and the house is cleaned up, and life just seems so great. I'm blessed beyond measure with a loving husband, two great boys that I am so thankful to be mom to, a great family; on both sides, and couldn't ask for anything else. Well, I guess perhaps to win the lottery and have my husband retired, then it would be perfect! :)
3 comments:
Yes, you have been wonderfully blessed and I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. I'm sure Ashton enjoyed it too. Mom
First, I want to thank you for your post on my blog.
After reading your blog, all I can say is, what a wonderful place to be in. I have the same feelings about my life and I wish everyone could feel so blessed.
Your dog is absolutely GREAT! If I were to get a dog, it would have to be a true DOG, like your English mastiff or a Great Dane...big dogs ;)
Also, your family is beautiful!
Have a wonderful day ;)
What a great day! Sounded FABULOUS!
Post a Comment