Later, after the boy's quiet time, we got up and did some arts and crafts. We painted with watercolors and glued some torn paper to create an ant hill scene.
We then loaded up and went to the library for about a bazillion books. I always say going to the library ends up being more expensive than if I just went to borders and purchased some books. We usually have one library book hiding behind some remote area of the house that we don't realize when it's time to turn them in. Then when we go the next time they hit us up with our lovely library fine. Sure enough yesterday, I had a $0.50 fine waiting for us LOL Then to make matters worse, I put enough money in the meter for an hour and a half...well, I guess we read one too many books in the library b/c I came out to find the meter man putting a ticket on my car....GGGRRRRRR! That little trip to the library cost me $22.50. :)
3 comments:
Well, I guess that's one of the benefits of living in a Midwestern suburb...plenty of library parking at no charge! I guess I won't take that for granted anymore.
If your library does online renewals, take advantage of it! I renew online every Monday and it has made a huge difference in the amount of fines I've had to pay. (I almost never have one anymore!) Of course, I can't help you with the parking meter... : )
Cute ant pictures, by the way!
WOW!!! What an absolutely gorgeous pool!!! :)
I look forward to reading your blogs!! Sounds like your summer is starting off great. I can't wait until your blog reads - the Skinner's came for a visit!! Sure wish I were in your pool. It is soooo gorgeous.
Post a Comment