Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Friday...



Not a whole lot to report here other than I am SOOOOO ready for summer to be here already. One more week of school...woo hoo...it will be so nice when we don't have to run around like chickens with our heads cut off. 5 more days and I'll officially have a first grader...that's hard to believe. We are all getting more and more excited about homeschooling next year and really feel it's most definitely the right thing for us to do!
We have a pretty exciting summer ahead of us. We are traveling to Nashville to visit the Byrums (woo hoo) for six days, very excited about that!!! Then we'll get back for Vacation Bible School. Then in July we are going to the lakehouse for a week, having my birthday (not a big deal anymore), in August we are having Ashton's birthday party and also going to the beach with my family for a week. The boys are also going to the UCF summer reading camp, every Wednesday for 6 weeks I believe. It's just two hours in the morning, but I've heard great things about it. Other than that I plan on doing several day trips to the beach and lounging by the pool almost daily.
I'll also be working with Ethan on reading and math. I just found out that the International Community School is excellerated in math and the first graders use a 2nd grade math book...eek. I looked over the 1st grade math book and he actually already knows most of the concepts, but I figured we would take advantage of the summer months to go ahead and review and work on concepts he hasn't been exposed to. The math curriculum seems fantastic though.
Ashton is continuing to master his handwriting. We haven't gotten thru the entire alphabet quite yet. He knows all the letters and the sounds that they make, but we are still working on about 1/2 the alphabet on proper letter formation. About 20 minutes is about all he's interested in working on it. :)
Anyways, hope you all have a lovely weekend!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still sounds like a busy summer to me....although it all sounds like fun, fun, fun. I hope I'm involved in some of that. I can't quite figure out the "picture of the kitten". What is he squeezing thru? Mom